Monday, December 16, 2019

Vintage Bucilla Christmas Needlework Jeweled "Holiday Candles" Panel

I found this kit in bag with other non related items and then realized what a treasure it was.  It didn't have any instructions, but I was able to figure out without who made it by the kit number and found some examples.  Nice find and finally put it together.  I added a few new embellishments that weren't included to make it a little unique.  Surprise when I found what it looked like in the original package. Kit # 1645 from 1973 a 50/50 wool rayon which I'd love to point out is way better to work with than 100% polyester kits they make now.  This kit was hard to find but now I've seen a few at various different prices.  It's just glorious!     


This is the work in progress I wish I would have taken more pictures as I worked on it, but oh well maybe next time around I will since I have to more kits I'm making for gifts.


The final finish piece hung added some special parts different gold trim which also worked well on the ornaments too.  I think the kit was sort of cheesy and didn't really look like an ornament.  


I added tiny snowflakes that looked more interesting from a Hero Arts sequin pack and added large sequin snowflakes on bottom to fill the space better. I didn't like the whip stitch or whatever you call it.  Seems a little tight I was thinking of doing a zig-zag on sewing machine on my next try.  I added some different trim on the candles as well. 

Small sequin snowflakes
 
Large sequin snowflakes
Redesigned the ornaments
Added different sequins

Large beads for center
A little sparkle and fringe never hurts





No comments:

Post a Comment

Vintage Bucilla Christmas Needlework Jeweled "Holiday Candles" Panel

I found this kit in bag with other non related items and then realized what a treasure it was.  It didn't have any instructions, but I w...