Friday, July 10, 2009

Friendship stone



I went to lunch with a friend from High School today. We lived across the street from each other when we were in Jr. High and High school. We didn't hang out much because we had different friends or circles that we were in. How different our paths seemed then when we would pass on the street or in the halls. But maybe it was the differences in our life's that made us very unique but so much the same. We both seemed to be meandering down the same path but didn't realize it......and then to find out we both live in the same city again within a few miles of each other. (Oh the wonders of Face Book)

And now after all these years we don't have any circles we hang out with no stereo types of clicks to worry about. It's just us as we are now and how we've become. Over the years I had always wondered what had happened in her life where she was and what she had done. It was like making a new friend ahhh neighbors again. She jokingly suggested I should buy the house across the street from her......

The image I posted here to commemorate friendship and because we both love to take pictures in cemeteries. She would love this one. I think it's a common headstone you see in older cemeteries maybe someone had the same thought. I decided to give it to special people in my life maybe rekindling friendships or making new ones. So I call it my friendship stone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon! What a wonderful post. I love the hands together again after all these years, saying "Welcome Friend", I have missed you. So happy you found each other again. It's funny how life only allows us to meet at the right time in our lives. I love, love, love this post. You've got it girl. You're on the right track. Have a great evening. Country Love and Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherry
    It was a great time to visit and catch up. You would love her. I want to try to get her to start a blog too I think she would have a lot of things to share that would be inspiring to everyone, and she is very creative so I think she would do some unique things. Ahhh more inspiration I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAR SHANNON
    YOU TOOK A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE.....THAT WAS BACK WHEN A HAND SHAKE WAS A PERMANENT AGREEMENT
    I LOVE THIS VERY MUCH
    I AM GLAD YOU CAUGHT UP WITH YOUR FRIEND....
    IT IS SO DIFFERENT WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL AND THE THINGS THAT SEEMED IMPORTANT THEN ARE OF NO CONCERN NOW BUT THAT IT IS FUN TO HEAR WHAT EVERY ONE IS DOING.
    ANGEL HUGS
    debbie

    ReplyDelete

Vintage Bucilla Christmas Needlework Jeweled "Holiday Candles" Panel

I found this kit in bag with other non related items and then realized what a treasure it was.  It didn't have any instructions, but I w...