Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Snuffles and Sheba



I was going through the many images that I have taken over the years, and the one thing that I kept coming across were the many pictures I had taken of my dogs. Snuffles and Sheba. They were sisters born in 1988. We found them in San Angelo Texas, and they were basically born on a cattle ranch and their parents were working dogs. Both of them were Part Border Collie, and Blue Heeler. They were wonderful animals that I will always cherish the memory of.

Sheba was quiet, shy and loved to curl up in a corner. Snuffles got her name as she was always sticking her nose somewhere embarrassing.....lol They both loved to play frisbee Sheba could go air born and just hang there for what seemed like an eternity while Snuffles ran like a tank and would charge Sheba when she got the frisbee, but she could never catch her because she was too fast and much better at catching stuff.

They loved road trips and were always excited to go for a ride in the car. They traveled all the way from Texas to Alaska to Arizona to New York to California to Arizona where they both finally passed away in 2000 and 2004. They lived a full life and brought much joy into our lives.

But anyway I wanted to share my memory of them. Although they are only dogs they were with me for over a decade. That's a lot of years in DOGGIE life......I miss you both and will always have a special place in my heart…….sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vintage Bucilla Christmas Needlework Jeweled "Holiday Candles" Panel

I found this kit in bag with other non related items and then realized what a treasure it was.  It didn't have any instructions, but I w...